posted by John Kometz – Educational Consultant (LMS Lead), Teaching Centre
We have implemented a significant upgrade to the Moodle platform for the summer semester (version 2.4.3). If you have summer courses you should already have access to the new instance.
Key improvements include
- Drag and drop topics you can re-order topics by simply dragging them.
- Drag and drop file uploads you can actually drag files directly from your desktop to your browser
- Virtual linking to files in your “My files” area you can use your my files area as a file repository for all your classes. One file can be used in multiple locations.
- New Activity and Resource picker the two drop down menus of old are combined in a single link to a popup window in a much more user friendly format.
- A completely re-vamped Assignment tool the tool combines the 4 assignment types of old into a single form with more flexible options, and easier to understand setup.
- Numerous bug fixes, and minor improvements
Please contact the Teaching Center if you would like to learn more.
posted by John Kometz