The University of Lethbridge’s student portal includes functionality that allows university staff and faculty to target messages to specific audiences.
How to Send a ULink Announcement
Step #1 – Develop content
When developing your message for the portal, please be mindful of the following guidelines.
- Be relevant to all students within the audience targeted
- Must enhance the student experience
- Not be redundant (within the announcement itself, or refer to information already posted)
Every announcement must include:
- An author (name, title and/or department)
- Reply-to contact details (for students to contact for more information), and if different than the reply-to details, who the publisher may contact for more information
Please try to keep all announcements under 150 words.
Note: Content may be edited for length, clarity, voice etc.
Step #2 – Identify who the announcement is for
Please select the category or categories of students below to receive the message:
- Undergraduate students
- Graduate students
- Lethbridge Campus
- Calgary Campus
- Edmonton Campus
Note: we are not able to target Faculties or departments at this time.
Step #3 – Identify time frame
Announcements must be timed appropriately and have a proposed start and end date for publishing.
Step #4 – Submit your announcement to the publisher
Does your announcement include?
- Contact information for students and publisher
- Student group targeted
- Start and end date
Messages should be submitted one week prior to posting, with the student group clearly identified to email@example.com.
Your announcement may be rejected for the following reasons:
- The target group is not specified
- The announcement does not enhance the experience of all students within the identified segment
- There is no author
- There are no contact details for students and/or the publisher for follow-up
- There is no start and end date included
- The message is redundant or has already been shared with the targeted student base